View Single Post
The Holy Gift's Avatar The Holy Gift
07-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenorakumo View Post
Benched along and been so long,.. same meaning, phonetics; either way it works.. i think it's ambiguous enough to be both. And why not, he switches lyrics all the time.
uh, idk, i think im going to have to disagree with that 1. i dont think they are the same metaphor for 1, and 2, the setence doesnt really make sense as "been so long with patience and reason". it just doesnt sound right, even in context. angels on the sideline again, been so long with patience and reason. say that outloud, its speech doesnt sound right. now say, angels on the sideline again, benched along with patience and reason. much better.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Patience and Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenorakumo View Post
Benched along and been so long,.. same meaning, phonetics; either way it works.. i think it's ambiguous enough to be both. And why not, he switches lyrics all the time.
uh, idk, i think im going to have to disagree with that 1. i dont think they are the same metaphor for 1, and 2, the setence doesnt really make sense as "been so long with patience and reason". it just doesnt sound right, even in context. angels on the sideline again, been so long with patience and reason. say that outloud, its speech doesnt sound right. now say, angels on the sideline again, benched along with patience and reason. much better.