View Single Post
AquaTarkus's Avatar AquaTarkus
05-20-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrue
maynard has repeatedly stated in the past, even before tool came out with lateralus, that he has nothing against the teachings of spiritual figures such as christ, buddha, mohammed, etc. in fact he often admires the teachings of such figures. what he has a problem against is organized religion, and the way people have used it to gain personal power, money, and fuel wars and conflicts. NOWHERE in 10,000 days do i see any evidence that maynard has come to cherish organized religion. personally i don't think he's changed at all.
I agree. His mother was the religious one (see Judith) and he questioned faith because of it. But he's about as spiritual as you can get and 10,000 Days (the song) just shows his respect for his mother (I thought he hated her for being devout).
...of course that just my opinion - I could be wrong.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Has MJK pulled a Reznor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrue
maynard has repeatedly stated in the past, even before tool came out with lateralus, that he has nothing against the teachings of spiritual figures such as christ, buddha, mohammed, etc. in fact he often admires the teachings of such figures. what he has a problem against is organized religion, and the way people have used it to gain personal power, money, and fuel wars and conflicts. NOWHERE in 10,000 days do i see any evidence that maynard has come to cherish organized religion. personally i don't think he's changed at all.
I agree. His mother was the religious one (see Judith) and he questioned faith because of it. But he's about as spiritual as you can get and 10,000 Days (the song) just shows his respect for his mother (I thought he hated her for being devout).
...of course that just my opinion - I could be wrong.