View Single Post
AloneOnceAgain97's Avatar AloneOnceAgain97
05-18-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Drum Theater
What a load of crap, no offense but it really is...
Ummmmm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone
Have you even made the relation between the doctor's conversation and what is being said in Rosetta Stoned? Its essential to that song.

Tribal segues WERE original? What, some band does something similar once and then it becomes lame? Seriously, if you don't think that it sounds good then fine. But if you think its lame because OMG ITS SO 5 YEARS AGO......get a better reason.
Yes, I know the connection between Keys and Rosetta, trust me, I got that. But even at that, the dialogue could have been better. It seems so... Acted out.

Why not like something because it's been overdone? You're telling me you'd be alright with Tool recycling something that's been done MANY times, such as the Metallica "boom-chick" drum beat? Or perhaps some lyrics about a broken heart? Or perhaps some "fuck Bush" sentiments? This Native American segue is no different. Maybe it would have been sweet live or something... But on a full blown release?

Edit: I've tried being open-minded about this album since May 2nd, and it's still not clicking. Maybe try being open-minded about the posibility that maybe our precious Tool made a few mistakes here and there.

Last edited by AloneOnceAgain97; 05-18-2006 at 11:21 AM..
Old 05-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #25
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 575
Re: PROFESSIONAL AUDIO ENGINEERS/PRODUCERS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Drum Theater
What a load of crap, no offense but it really is...
Ummmmm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone
Have you even made the relation between the doctor's conversation and what is being said in Rosetta Stoned? Its essential to that song.

Tribal segues WERE original? What, some band does something similar once and then it becomes lame? Seriously, if you don't think that it sounds good then fine. But if you think its lame because OMG ITS SO 5 YEARS AGO......get a better reason.
Yes, I know the connection between Keys and Rosetta, trust me, I got that. But even at that, the dialogue could have been better. It seems so... Acted out.

Why not like something because it's been overdone? You're telling me you'd be alright with Tool recycling something that's been done MANY times, such as the Metallica "boom-chick" drum beat? Or perhaps some lyrics about a broken heart? Or perhaps some "fuck Bush" sentiments? This Native American segue is no different. Maybe it would have been sweet live or something... But on a full blown release?

Edit: I've tried being open-minded about this album since May 2nd, and it's still not clicking. Maybe try being open-minded about the posibility that maybe our precious Tool made a few mistakes here and there.

Last edited by AloneOnceAgain97; 05-18-2006 at 11:21 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote