View Single Post
AloneOnceAgain97's Avatar AloneOnceAgain97
05-18-2006, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone
Two points real quick.

EDITED TO SAVE SPACE.
I don't mind the same riff over and over. If I did, I'd certainly stay away from Tool. I understand that a lot of it is artistic expresion, and I like that... They just failed, in my opinion, to bring it together as well as they could have.

I absolutely love Tool live. And I'm not saying they were just trying to buy time with the segues, they're just not that good. "Lost Keys" sounds freakin' sweet, the doctor dialogue is just utterly cheesy. It would have been MUCH better without it. "Lipan Conjuring" is complete shit, if you ask me. Tribal segues were original like 5 years ago; this just sounds like a Godsmack song accidently made it onto the album. Now, without those, the thunderstorm would have been badass. But since it's already full of noise, the T-storm just adds to that.

I'm not bashing the segues and calling them accessories at all, don't get me wrong. I actually like a lot of Tool segues just as much as I do their actual songs. I just could have done without Lipan and the Dr. In the past, the segues just REALLY helped throw your emotions around and set the tone for the next song. They just seem to be out of place on this album.

Last edited by AloneOnceAgain97; 05-18-2006 at 11:13 AM..
Old 05-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 575
Re: PROFESSIONAL AUDIO ENGINEERS/PRODUCERS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone
Two points real quick.

EDITED TO SAVE SPACE.
I don't mind the same riff over and over. If I did, I'd certainly stay away from Tool. I understand that a lot of it is artistic expresion, and I like that... They just failed, in my opinion, to bring it together as well as they could have.

I absolutely love Tool live. And I'm not saying they were just trying to buy time with the segues, they're just not that good. "Lost Keys" sounds freakin' sweet, the doctor dialogue is just utterly cheesy. It would have been MUCH better without it. "Lipan Conjuring" is complete shit, if you ask me. Tribal segues were original like 5 years ago; this just sounds like a Godsmack song accidently made it onto the album. Now, without those, the thunderstorm would have been badass. But since it's already full of noise, the T-storm just adds to that.

I'm not bashing the segues and calling them accessories at all, don't get me wrong. I actually like a lot of Tool segues just as much as I do their actual songs. I just could have done without Lipan and the Dr. In the past, the segues just REALLY helped throw your emotions around and set the tone for the next song. They just seem to be out of place on this album.

Last edited by AloneOnceAgain97; 05-18-2006 at 11:13 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote