View Single Post
eslupminoyler's Avatar eslupminoyler
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedLion727
Now hold on. Don't flame me just yet. MJK is infinitely more gifted musically. What i'm talking about it a religious "conversion," a la Trent Reznor. This seems to be particularly on display in 10,000 days. I know that Tool songs are always open to interpretation and their meaning are never simply spelled out in the lyrics..but if this happens to be the case, then I'm sincerely dissapointed.

It never ceases to amaze me how people so gifted in some areas can so mispercieve reality and the meaning of life.

Perhaps Keenan hasn't changed his stance and is simply using it as imagery. However, if he has, I can't support Tool or APC from this point on. I will always love his work up until now, and listen to all the previous APC and Tool albums as fervently as I always have--but I can't support his future efforts. I can't support someone who supports the cause of more deaths than anything else in human history--religion.
Most close-minded comment I've ever heard.

You've lumped religion into one category; notwithstanding the essence of the source of all religion is peaceful. It is the people that are so-called followers of these religions that choose to kill, destroy, and display monstrosities in God's name. Supporting the people that enact these horrors doesn't entail a support of their beliefs.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I live in Heaven, but I'm on a vacation without my passport to get back.
Bincount™: 7
Re: Has MJK pulled a Reznor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedLion727
Now hold on. Don't flame me just yet. MJK is infinitely more gifted musically. What i'm talking about it a religious "conversion," a la Trent Reznor. This seems to be particularly on display in 10,000 days. I know that Tool songs are always open to interpretation and their meaning are never simply spelled out in the lyrics..but if this happens to be the case, then I'm sincerely dissapointed.

It never ceases to amaze me how people so gifted in some areas can so mispercieve reality and the meaning of life.

Perhaps Keenan hasn't changed his stance and is simply using it as imagery. However, if he has, I can't support Tool or APC from this point on. I will always love his work up until now, and listen to all the previous APC and Tool albums as fervently as I always have--but I can't support his future efforts. I can't support someone who supports the cause of more deaths than anything else in human history--religion.
Most close-minded comment I've ever heard.

You've lumped religion into one category; notwithstanding the essence of the source of all religion is peaceful. It is the people that are so-called followers of these religions that choose to kill, destroy, and display monstrosities in God's name. Supporting the people that enact these horrors doesn't entail a support of their beliefs.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote