View Single Post
zacharyv
03-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
True but, he's also not talking about a baseball game here. Blessed makes better sense I think.
Right, he's not talking about a baseball game, but he's using a sports-ish metaphor to describe the whole situation. They're on the sideline, they have been throughout the whole song. It's a recurring theme. Clearly the monkeys are aborting patience and reason, relegating them to the sideline, along with those angels who've been sitting there, shaking their heads for so long.

That's how I feel about it. Whatever the lyrics "actually" are, I'll always love this song. It gave me chills the first time I heard it, and it still does.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Patience and Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
True but, he's also not talking about a baseball game here. Blessed makes better sense I think.
Right, he's not talking about a baseball game, but he's using a sports-ish metaphor to describe the whole situation. They're on the sideline, they have been throughout the whole song. It's a recurring theme. Clearly the monkeys are aborting patience and reason, relegating them to the sideline, along with those angels who've been sitting there, shaking their heads for so long.

That's how I feel about it. Whatever the lyrics "actually" are, I'll always love this song. It gave me chills the first time I heard it, and it still does.