Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Petersen Events Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium View Post
5th time I've seen them.
this show was good.
tool never disappoints.

okay.. now for my rant... so to speak....

Comparing this show to the Columbus show 5 nights ago... even though the setlist is the exact same.... two totally different shows....

The people in Columbus were, in my humble opinion, better fans. They were louder, moved around more, and seemed to care a little bit more than the people at the show tonight. I mean, I looked up into the stands and saw TONS OF PEOPLE UPSTAIRS SITTING DOWN..... to me, that's a CARDINAL SIN at a rock concert.
If you want to sit down, go see a country music show. Rock show - get your ass out of your seat.

The people were just louder in Columbus. They screamed nonstop... Tonight, it seemed like the cheers after the songs had to build for a minute before you could actually hear an overall cheer.

I mean, I know it's just for laughs, but anytime a lead singer has to say "Detroit was louder".... and i know how much he just likes to fuck around.... but I said to my friend "they probably were" because for some reason... tonights crowd just seemed a little dead to me....

Maybe i'm wrong.... but I don't think I am...

Hopefully someone who went to the Columbus show was at this show as well, and can back up what I've said...

I mean, it was still a great show..... just not as good as 5 nights ago.... when it seemed like the fucking roof was going to blow off....
People didn't wait for them to take a break to put their lighters up in the air...
They had them on for the entire 17 min. of Wings/10,000 days....

I don't know... little things about tonights show bothered me I guess...
Show'wise... it was flawless....
Fan'wise.... it was kind of weak.... to me at least....
I agree that the fans weren't as vigilant as they should have been. My sister and I kept screaming to get the fuck up! What is wrong with you??? When the band sat down together in the middle of the stage, I was sure they were mocking Pittsburgh fans and I was terrified that they would walk off and never come back. Fortunately, once I realized that they weren't encoring but playing out until the end, I assumed that was a much needed break. But will they come back? Maybe I need to start travelling to find others who simply CAN'T sit down!!!!