View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Petersen Events Center

I really enjoyed this show. We sat in Sect. 221, upper right corner oof the stage, looking down over Justin. The stage floor visuals made those seats entirely worthwhile.

As stated, the setlist hasn't varied in recent shows. I was disappointed not to hear anything from Undertow and not hearing Right In Two, but that takes nothing away from the show. I realized when leaving their show is so complex and intricately timed with visuals, I imagine it would be more than a little difficult to change night in/night out and to do something spontaneous with the setlist.

Another curiosity I noticed is how they (Adam, Justin, Maynard) never change stage set-ups, position-wise (from tour to tour), nor do they wander very far from their appointed spots, except Maynard briefly during Rosetta Stoned.

My own opinion, not really able to see facial expressions: MJK wasn't very jovial; between song banter was curt and almost sounded disdainful. Didn't stop them from putting together another great performance. I was concerned when MJK dropped out of the first verse of Lateralus, but he bounced right back after a big drink of water.

Through my earplugs, I believe I heard a great bit of the crowd singing along to just about everything.

Another in a string of excellent shows by these guys over the years.
shoot you myself.
OFFLINE |