View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 12:37 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Petersen Events Center

I agree with all the reviews so far for the most part. It was hard to hear Maynard at times, but I don't think it was the overall mix, just the vocals are mixed down as with the studio recording of 10,000 Days.
The show overall was mind blowing (as always). I was extemely impressed with the stage set up, from the use of the white stage, to the screen visuals and laser usage. I loved that it seemed to get more intense as the set progressed.
The setlist is (near) perfection. The only thing missing is a song from Opiate or Undertow. Can't complain though, I got to hear the songs I was aching for (The Pot, Jambi, Rosetta, and Wings / 10,000 Days). Having seen the band 6 times previously, I personally like to hear the new stuff and how it translates to being played live.

As far as the "crowd participation level".....
I can't speak for anyone else, but my friend and I were screaming the whole show (I can barely whisper right now), sweating like we were running a marathon, and loving every second of it. I was slightly disapointed by the energy level of the crowd as a whole, but it seemed to pick up as the show went on.
Also, I personally had my lighter up during the outro of 10,000 Days, and again while they chilled on the riser, but I must agree with Opium that there should have been a lot more in the air during Days. That song sent chills down my spine.
Oh, and I noticed the uptight security as someone mentioned above. I was in section 124, row G, and I saw at least three people get scolded by them. Though unlike the two unlucky folks who said they yelled about the camera phones, my friend got several pictures and mulitple 15 sec vids on her phone without harassment.

Phenominal show! Still my favorite band, still the best live show hands down.