View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Petersen Events Center

My first Tool show, and definately not my last.

Met a pretty cool dude next to me keeping track of the set list. If you're reading this, I'm the guy with the black long curly hair named Clides.

Anyways the show was insane. Smelled like pot for the first half of the show, and the security like said above, was a fucking bitch. My phone was out for a split second and security came over and gave me a warning.

Section 124, row R was a pretty good view of the band and all its glory. Being at a Basketball arena, it was still pretty damn good, but I would love to see them at a more concert friendly stadium if you ask me. Everything from Stinkfist until Schism was insane. Lost Keys was better than I expected to be as an opener to Rosetta Stoned, but Maynard was incredibly hard to hear during that song. Wings/10,000 Days was emotional as fucking hell. The huge pause where everyone was gathering together I suppose was one of those heartwarming moments. I couldn't tell though considering the energy that was already flowing through me at the moment. Lateralus was insane for me being my favorite song. It was so good and passed by so fast. Vicarious was alright after the first half in my opinion, but Aenema had the crowed hyped up. Great fucking band live and I'll definately be seeing them again in the future. Come back to Pittsburgh ASAP!

Hopes for my next experience: Right in Two, a better arena, and possibly Pushit or maybe even Third Eye. :)