View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Petersen Events Center

My first Tool show...Absolutely amazing.

The set list is right (the same as past shows), although they did some interlude between Lateralus and Vicarious.

Sound was perfect in Section 205, Row D, Seat 3 (that's upper deck). The only problems were Rosetta Stoned, where I barely heard the beginning lyrics, and Lateralus, which Maynard started and paused....It's possible the crowd filled it in, but I couldn't hear enough to tell.

Maynard barely spoke, other than "Good Evening, Drunk People" at the beginning, and "How about them Steelers? I'm with you, I'm a big hockey fan". He did the Detroit bit after Wings, and added a "Peace Out" before Aenima.

They certainly know how to put on an amazing performance. I think I understand why they've stuck with this set list...it's perfect. You can't end a show better than they are, with Lateralus, Vicarious, and Aenima. Aenima is absolutely the greatest show-closing song.

Highlights for me were The Pot (which I've been dying to hear live), Vicarious, and Aenima (the last two for the sheer energy in the Pete).

The vocals were spot on, with all screams in tact. Looks like Maynard's fully recovered.
OFFLINE |