Thread: Time Signatures
View Single Post
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
01-18-2007, 08:37 PM

I'm sorry, but don't post an answer to this guys question if you can't count/don't understand time signiatures.

Okay .... just to keep the whole thing at a tempo of around 115 beats per minute and the quarter note at 1 beat... (basically keeping the demoninator at 4) ...

After the intro, the song could be noted to be in 5/4 for 18 measures

there are 2 measures of 6/4 during "That's my kind of story. It's no fun till someone dies."

then it goes back to 5/4 for 14 measures

then at "Hands to the sky cryin'" it is 6/4 for one measure

then 5/4 for one measure (Why oh why)

Chorus = 6/4 then 4/4 twice ... 6/4 then 4/4 twice again. Then 6/4 one last time "You all need it too don't...

Lie" - back to 5/4 for 11 measures

Chorus 6/4 with 2 measures of 4/4. 6/4 with 2 measures of 4/4 again. Then one measure of 6/4 (You all feel the same so..)

Back to 5/4 again for 32 measures (starting with "why can't we just admit it" and ending with the last "La la la la la la la lie")

I'll leave the rest up to you,.. or post it later.

Count along. This is correct.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #43
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Re: Time Signatures

I'm sorry, but don't post an answer to this guys question if you can't count/don't understand time signiatures.

Okay .... just to keep the whole thing at a tempo of around 115 beats per minute and the quarter note at 1 beat... (basically keeping the demoninator at 4) ...

After the intro, the song could be noted to be in 5/4 for 18 measures

there are 2 measures of 6/4 during "That's my kind of story. It's no fun till someone dies."

then it goes back to 5/4 for 14 measures

then at "Hands to the sky cryin'" it is 6/4 for one measure

then 5/4 for one measure (Why oh why)

Chorus = 6/4 then 4/4 twice ... 6/4 then 4/4 twice again. Then 6/4 one last time "You all need it too don't...

Lie" - back to 5/4 for 11 measures

Chorus 6/4 with 2 measures of 4/4. 6/4 with 2 measures of 4/4 again. Then one measure of 6/4 (You all feel the same so..)

Back to 5/4 again for 32 measures (starting with "why can't we just admit it" and ending with the last "La la la la la la la lie")

I'll leave the rest up to you,.. or post it later.

Count along. This is correct.