View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 67
Re: 2006/08/18 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Concert Hall

It was was definitely the greatest show I have ever been to. It rocked so hard, my ears are still ringing, and I was in the balcony, and its the morning after!!!

When he was introducing Kirk, he said its not 'Don ho', who is the guy who sang "Tiny bubbles", pretty much the only song that he is "popular" for, but Hawaii loves the crap out of this guy for some reason. He is like a major celebrity here or something. Which is probably why he said it, because they love Elvis here too. But I agree with you that they should have left Kirk out. He didnt do that bad, but the song didnt sound quite right.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear them play opiate. I think that was the best song off of the first album, and they totally kicked ass playing it. I also wanted to hear "the patient", my fav. on lateralus, and "right in two" which is one of my favs off the new album. But they rocked the sh1t out of "Jambi" and "Rosetta stoned". Those songs sounded a lot better live. It was awesome. Best show ive ever seen. Oh wait, I already said that. lol.
OFFLINE |