View Single Post
mthurman
07-28-2009, 06:30 AM

This was my 4th TOOL show since 2001, and it is very apparent that now, TOOL is only Adam, Justin, and Danny. After last nights show, i am convinced that Maynard is not in TOOL anymore, or atleast that he doesnt want to be in TOOL anymore. I was in the floor, dead center about 20 feet away from the stage, and i was waiting for Maynard to quit playing and walk off the stage any second. The band was AWESOME, even the fuck ups were recovered very nicely, but Maynard obviously didnt want to be there. I think, maybe, he has lost his voice, and he knows it. Even in 2007, his vocals are heavy with effects that drown out his actual voice. I remember in 2001, his vocals still had effects used here and there, but he was singing loud and clear with pride. Last night, he was muttering vocals, and his mic effects just elevated his voice. He looked sad the whole show, and the rest of the band patted him on the back a couple times, as if coxing him to keep going. I will say that, the last time i saw TOOL was at Bonnaroo 2007, and that was a completely different vibe then last night. At Bonnaroo, it seemed that the band was there to prove a point, to blow everyone away, including Maynard, and it made me extremely proud to be a TOOL fan. Last night, they were just going through the motions. I will see them again in Charlotte tomarrow, so maybe my faith in TOOL as a whole will be restored. Like i said, Adam, Justin, and Danny were mind blowing and still obviously have their heart in the band, but dont bullshit us Maynard, if you dont want to be there, then dont even walk out onstage.

And one more thing. $40 for a shirt? i mean, they were awesome shirts, but charging your fans $40 for a shirt after they spend $80 to see you? After that, i bought a bootleg shirt for $10 in the parking lot with pride. The poster was cool, and i like how it was numbered and unique to each night, so i could see throwing down $25 for something limited and unique. I will continue to support bootlegs of TOOL until they get off their greedy cloud and quit ripping off their fans.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

This was my 4th TOOL show since 2001, and it is very apparent that now, TOOL is only Adam, Justin, and Danny. After last nights show, i am convinced that Maynard is not in TOOL anymore, or atleast that he doesnt want to be in TOOL anymore. I was in the floor, dead center about 20 feet away from the stage, and i was waiting for Maynard to quit playing and walk off the stage any second. The band was AWESOME, even the fuck ups were recovered very nicely, but Maynard obviously didnt want to be there. I think, maybe, he has lost his voice, and he knows it. Even in 2007, his vocals are heavy with effects that drown out his actual voice. I remember in 2001, his vocals still had effects used here and there, but he was singing loud and clear with pride. Last night, he was muttering vocals, and his mic effects just elevated his voice. He looked sad the whole show, and the rest of the band patted him on the back a couple times, as if coxing him to keep going. I will say that, the last time i saw TOOL was at Bonnaroo 2007, and that was a completely different vibe then last night. At Bonnaroo, it seemed that the band was there to prove a point, to blow everyone away, including Maynard, and it made me extremely proud to be a TOOL fan. Last night, they were just going through the motions. I will see them again in Charlotte tomarrow, so maybe my faith in TOOL as a whole will be restored. Like i said, Adam, Justin, and Danny were mind blowing and still obviously have their heart in the band, but dont bullshit us Maynard, if you dont want to be there, then dont even walk out onstage.

And one more thing. $40 for a shirt? i mean, they were awesome shirts, but charging your fans $40 for a shirt after they spend $80 to see you? After that, i bought a bootleg shirt for $10 in the parking lot with pride. The poster was cool, and i like how it was numbered and unique to each night, so i could see throwing down $25 for something limited and unique. I will continue to support bootlegs of TOOL until they get off their greedy cloud and quit ripping off their fans.
OFFLINE |