View Single Post
Nietzsche's Dead's Avatar Nietzsche's Dead
05-09-2006, 07:17 PM

While I love the current order of the actual disc, one I found interesting (and which I did burn & used to listen to prior to purchasing the actual disc), goes as follows:

>Wings for Marie
>Jambi
>Lipan Conjuring
>The Pot
>Intension
>Right in Two
>Vicarious
>Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
>Rosetta Stoned
>10,000 Days
>Viginti Tres

I found that starting the album with Wings(pt1) allowed for a much smoother 'building' into the disc itself, and also that splitting the entire song ('right in two', heh), by starting with pt.1 and ending with pt.2, gave the album a more 'complete' feel, by bringing back a similar structure & emotion towards the end. Also, I enjoyed having Vicarious about half way through, as it's somewhat more of an easier song to just play and understand, and it gave the album a steadiness and helped me reach a middle-ground around the middle of the album :P. Oh, and Lipan Conjuring really warms me up well for The Pot. I mean, it's not an entirely smooth transaction, but both songs sort of build a similar emotion for me, and I thought these two "stand-out tracks", if you will, actually fit quite well together :).

Anywho. Just my 2-cents. Enjoy listening and discovering :)

Last edited by Nietzsche's Dead; 05-09-2006 at 07:30 PM..
Old 05-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: A New Order for 10kD

While I love the current order of the actual disc, one I found interesting (and which I did burn & used to listen to prior to purchasing the actual disc), goes as follows:

>Wings for Marie
>Jambi
>Lipan Conjuring
>The Pot
>Intension
>Right in Two
>Vicarious
>Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
>Rosetta Stoned
>10,000 Days
>Viginti Tres

I found that starting the album with Wings(pt1) allowed for a much smoother 'building' into the disc itself, and also that splitting the entire song ('right in two', heh), by starting with pt.1 and ending with pt.2, gave the album a more 'complete' feel, by bringing back a similar structure & emotion towards the end. Also, I enjoyed having Vicarious about half way through, as it's somewhat more of an easier song to just play and understand, and it gave the album a steadiness and helped me reach a middle-ground around the middle of the album :P. Oh, and Lipan Conjuring really warms me up well for The Pot. I mean, it's not an entirely smooth transaction, but both songs sort of build a similar emotion for me, and I thought these two "stand-out tracks", if you will, actually fit quite well together :).

Anywho. Just my 2-cents. Enjoy listening and discovering :)

Last edited by Nietzsche's Dead; 05-09-2006 at 07:30 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote