View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/11 - The Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

I had a lot of fun last night, despite the lack of vocals. We got to hear many, many instrumentals of the songs. Everything seemed alright until Maynard said, "What!?" instead of "Riiiight!" during Stinkfist. Then during Jambi during the lines "Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son..." he sang that part really low and then didn't sing during "Silent legions save your poison..." That's when I knew Maynard had gotten even sicker than I had read he was a couple of nights ok. Then, as the others have said, he didn't sing ANY hard parts after that. Skipped most choruses to the songs. The only time he did something hard was the scream towards the end of Rosetta Stoned. Poor guy. I really hope the next time they come around he's in good condition. Tool kind of owes Houston for the last two shows they've played here. I was REALLY looking forward to Wings for Marie/10,000 Days, but I understand Maynard couldn't pull it off like he wanted to. Right in Two was a good ender for 9-11 and he sang all the words until after the jam in the middle, he stayed silent at the end of the song. I would also like to add that Maynard still sounded stellar a lot of the time he was singing and the band KICKED ASS!!!
OFFLINE |