View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #29
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/11 - The Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

Plain and simple, worst Tool show I've ever seen. This is my 11th show (3rd this year). I was at the Houston show a few years back when maynard was "sick". I was at the Philly show during the tour earlier this year when maynard was "sick". And I had the privilege of being at last night's show...when maynard was "sick". I guess it's debatable whether he was actually sick in light of the post by the Pavilion employee. Regardless, maynard's performance was pathetic. I've seen artists angered by lack of crowd involvement, but at every show where the singer or other band members were pissed at the crowd, the band lets the crowd know how shitty they are ad nauseum. That didn't happen here which makes me lean a little more to the "I'm sick" excuse. Problem is, I've seen other bands perform while they were sick and they belt it out and put on a good show because they understand that it's not the crowd's fault that they're sick and the fans shouldn't suffer. Maybe they have a little more respect for their fans. Finally, I've had tickets to shows where members of the band became ill prior to the show date and they have postponed the show and moved it to the end of the tour...again, because it's not the fans' fault and they should be treated to the same quality performance as the other cities.

The show should have been postponed if maynard was sick. if he wasn't sick and he was upset that there was only 15,000 fans instead of the capacity 16,500, he should stop being such a fuckin' baby and be glad that he has 15,000 fuckin' fans at every stop on the tour.

For an $80 face value ticket...I expect a whole lot more.

All this belly aching, though, and I'll still buy a ticket for the next show. If only to see if he "makes it up" to the fans who have been so devoted for so long and who wait patiently for 5 year stretches until Maynard decides to grace us with his presence
OFFLINE |