View Single Post
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
08-07-2009, 04:58 AM

5th time seeing TOOL. Was very excited to hear they were coming to TO again, on this short tour, however after seeing the setlist I was somewhat let down. Was at the last show at the Amp and pretty much the same, although I won't complain, I'll go see TOOL any day and love whatever they play, I just hoped to hear some new songs added or older stuff, but hearing Flood for the 2nd time was another hilight of the night! I guess hearing any off Opiate or Undertow would be pretty damn rare nowadays, glad I saw them back in the early 90's.

Show was awesome, we had decent seats, not the best, sec.305 row A.... arrived 2 hours before the show started, security wasn't as bad as last time in the parking lot, met alot of other fans and we partied, drank, listened to TOOL, just had a great time before the show. Shirts were selling for $40-50, a little too much as I really didn't like any that much to fork out $50. Posters was $25 and I think $100 autographed (could be wrong).

I was impressed with Tweak Bird, read some mixed reviews on the previous shows, but that drummer was pretty impressive to me. Not bad at all for a 2 peice band, I would see them again, one of the better bands that I've seen open for TOOL.

As for TOOL.... what else can I add that hasn't been said.... Lighting was amazing, Maynard was in good spirit it seems, Adam and Justin rocked.... and Danny Carey is a friggin machine! He's worth the admission alone! Seems like every show I goto I spend most of it wacthing Danny and just amazed!

Yes traffic was a bitch getting home, arrived back in London at 3:00am.... I didn't really mind as buddy drove and I pretty much passed out.... LOL.

Ticket = $85
Gas = 40
Shirt = $40
Parking = $20
Beers = $11 x many! (damn that was pricey!)

WELL WORTH IT FOR TOOL!

I sold an extra ticket on here to a Toolshed member, for face value, met at the show and we sat together, Had a great time! Thanks Justin!

Here's another review from todays Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/677474
Old 08-07-2009, 04:58 AM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

5th time seeing TOOL. Was very excited to hear they were coming to TO again, on this short tour, however after seeing the setlist I was somewhat let down. Was at the last show at the Amp and pretty much the same, although I won't complain, I'll go see TOOL any day and love whatever they play, I just hoped to hear some new songs added or older stuff, but hearing Flood for the 2nd time was another hilight of the night! I guess hearing any off Opiate or Undertow would be pretty damn rare nowadays, glad I saw them back in the early 90's.

Show was awesome, we had decent seats, not the best, sec.305 row A.... arrived 2 hours before the show started, security wasn't as bad as last time in the parking lot, met alot of other fans and we partied, drank, listened to TOOL, just had a great time before the show. Shirts were selling for $40-50, a little too much as I really didn't like any that much to fork out $50. Posters was $25 and I think $100 autographed (could be wrong).

I was impressed with Tweak Bird, read some mixed reviews on the previous shows, but that drummer was pretty impressive to me. Not bad at all for a 2 peice band, I would see them again, one of the better bands that I've seen open for TOOL.

As for TOOL.... what else can I add that hasn't been said.... Lighting was amazing, Maynard was in good spirit it seems, Adam and Justin rocked.... and Danny Carey is a friggin machine! He's worth the admission alone! Seems like every show I goto I spend most of it wacthing Danny and just amazed!

Yes traffic was a bitch getting home, arrived back in London at 3:00am.... I didn't really mind as buddy drove and I pretty much passed out.... LOL.

Ticket = $85
Gas = 40
Shirt = $40
Parking = $20
Beers = $11 x many! (damn that was pricey!)

WELL WORTH IT FOR TOOL!

I sold an extra ticket on here to a Toolshed member, for face value, met at the show and we sat together, Had a great time! Thanks Justin!

Here's another review from todays Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/677474
OFFLINE |