View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

I'm still glad I got to see TOOL again, but there were so many distractions: 1.) The sound was not loud enough to carry out to the higher lawns. 2.) The wind washed out the sound. 3.) The amount of low-end in the mix was a problem all night and made things very unclear and muddy for both bands. Coors Ampitheater should consider turning down the bass frequencies so that all frequencies come through equally. Then they wouldn't have to worry about exceeding the decibel limit. 4.)Idiot people around me not only liked to sing along out of tune and out of tempo, but they also liked to cheer like the Irish would at a rugby match every time TOOL paused between sections of a song. The whole ordeal was like trying to have an intelligent conversation at a noisy bar. About the only break I could get was Rosetta Stoned, which, of course, all those idiots didn't recognize and therefore couldn't sing to - although, I don't know of many people who sing along with that one. It was still worth the money to go see this band, and ISIS was great too, but just hard to hear. I would recommend anyone who likes music to go see TOOL and ISIS, but then again, it seems most of the people who show up like partying more than music.
OFFLINE |