View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

All right people, everybody gets it. The venue sucked, the price of beer sucked, waiting to get in sucked, the decibel limit sucked, the meathead moshers sucked. Did I forget anything?

Seriously, how did any of you watch the show with all the time you spent looking for things to complain about?

This was my 8th show and I have seen every incarnation of Tool live. The setlist rocked, the visuals rocked and the energy rocked.

To any of you who didn't see Tool pre-Lateralus I truly feel sorry for you. I first saw Tool in 94 or 95 (can't remember which) in TJ, Mexico. Back then pits were the norm at a Tool show and they were a blast!! Those early Tool shows were very intimate. I saw them twice at a place called Soma in San Diego and you were literally 5 feet away from Maynard. When he sang you would swear he was staring right into your eyes. They use to blow the roof off that place. The last Tool show I saw before Lateralus came out was At Coachella in Indio, Ca. They had the people hanging from the top of the stage doing their contortion stuff and the show absolutely rocked!!

Then I saw Tool on Halloween 2001 and I thought my world ended. The setlist was horrible and Maynard seemed like he would rather be anywhere in the world but there. I walked away from that show thinking it would be the last time I would see them. Well 5 years later I decided to give them a shot again and boy they didn't disappoint!!

It was a very personal couple of hours for me. It was very easy to tune out all of my surroundings and enjoy a great performance by one of the greatest bands of our generation. I am 32 and my moshing days are far behind me but don't be so hard on the younger dudes there. I was one of them once and I don't think my Tool experience suffered at all just because I was walking around in a circle pushing people and getting pushed.

Here is a little advice for some of you next time you go to a Tool show: Loosen up & have some fucking fun!!!!
OFFLINE |