View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

I was up in the GA Lawn section and this is the first Tool show I have ever seen, and I had mixed feelings about the show. Let me start by saying that everyone thats saying that Tool played with a lot of energy is right. Danny, Justin, and Adam all played perfectly and sounded great.

The only problem lay in the lame Coors Ampitheatre soundsystem, which kept distorting Maynard's voice. When the sound system was working, which was maybe half to a third of the time, Maynard sounded great too. The other half to two thirds....was, well, distorted.

The crowd was by in large quite good for a Tool show. I saw tons of people going crazy and thrashing about -by themselves- which was cool. And everyone that was crowded together was just chilling or pumping an arm or headbanging and listening. I thought it was a great crowd, and the stage, animations, and lighting were impressive.

Overall, it was very impressive, although frustrating at the prospect of how much better the experience would have been if the sound system worked.
OFFLINE |