View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

This was my 4th Tool Show (not including any APC shows).

Let me say first that TOOL has been my favorite band since '93. (I listen to TOOL about 80 hours a week! The last time I saw TOOL, the peak moment for me was Triad with Meshuggah the night my grandfather passed at 93. Lateralus really got me through that time.) Since '93, I have had 3 kids, and all of them love to sing and listen to TOOL.

However, I have to say this was not a great show. Good set list, but I would have liked to have heard Wings 1 or 2 and Right in Two. The CG animations didn't synch with the music as in previous concerts and were projected on side screens instead of above the band. The band played on a completely lighted stage which I imagine cost a lot, but didn't have the appeal I remember from before. I miss the bass drum with the dodecahecron.

Don't get me wrong...This was a good show, but I expected more from Tool. Also, I am concerned that after the show, Maynard didn't join in the group hug. Has Maynard truely been born again?

I still can't wait to see them again...maybe once more this year and then another 5 year wait for the next album.

...I'm withering away.
Shine down upon the many light our way benevolent sun.
-SM
OFFLINE |