View Single Post
Pyrrho
08-19-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus View Post
I agree with this, too. But while it may have application to the general struggle we all encounter between the harmonic and disharmonic consciousness, it just sounds so much more personal than that.

Undertow and Opiate seems rife with the disharmonic consciousness. Not just the "worthless liar", but the abuser who wants to follow through with the cycle of abuse. The name-caller who gets away with calling the speaker a "piece of shit". There is a constant threat of being killed or harmed by this second self, but it comes with the caveat of impossibility because this is "a part" of himself that is near impossible to exorcise:

"If I could I'd stick a knife in."

That's likely the individual that in Fear Inoculum (on the most personal level for MJK) the speaker wants to expel/exhale/purge/evacuate. It works on the level of being universal, but it is completely terrifying when you consider these lyrics in light of the autobiographical bits present in Prison Sex and jimmy.
I feel like I need you to do a thesis on this. Very interesting!
Old 08-19-2019, 09:12 AM   #33
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Potential meaning of Fear Inoculum... Fear of aging? (Lyrics Inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus View Post
I agree with this, too. But while it may have application to the general struggle we all encounter between the harmonic and disharmonic consciousness, it just sounds so much more personal than that.

Undertow and Opiate seems rife with the disharmonic consciousness. Not just the "worthless liar", but the abuser who wants to follow through with the cycle of abuse. The name-caller who gets away with calling the speaker a "piece of shit". There is a constant threat of being killed or harmed by this second self, but it comes with the caveat of impossibility because this is "a part" of himself that is near impossible to exorcise:

"If I could I'd stick a knife in."

That's likely the individual that in Fear Inoculum (on the most personal level for MJK) the speaker wants to expel/exhale/purge/evacuate. It works on the level of being universal, but it is completely terrifying when you consider these lyrics in light of the autobiographical bits present in Prison Sex and jimmy.
I feel like I need you to do a thesis on this. Very interesting!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote