View Single Post
Oculus
08-19-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
"you" defines 44&2 disharmonic consciousness (vs "me" 46&2 harmonic consciousness). "ranting and waving his finger AT everything but his heart", we'll miss the deceiver, so long, long time coming. "i know you better than i know myself". "take care not to make me enter, 'cause if i do we both may disappear". "you believed in moments none -could- see ...44&2 believed in me/46&2 (a passionate spirit uncompromised" = "omniscient omnipotent omnipresent without judgement" = "unconditional one". this is how mjk writes, and occults meaning, right in front of "you". been saying it for over a decade now... pretty lonely.
I agree with this, too. But while it may have application to the general struggle we all encounter between the harmonic and disharmonic consciousness, it just sounds so much more personal than that.

Undertow and Opiate seems rife with the disharmonic consciousness. Not just the "worthless liar", but the abuser who wants to follow through with the cycle of abuse. The name-caller who gets away with calling the speaker a "piece of shit". There is a constant threat of being killed or harmed by this second self, but it comes with the caveat of impossibility because this is "a part" of himself that is near impossible to exorcise:

"If I could I'd stick a knife in."

That's likely the individual that in Fear Inoculum (on the most personal level for MJK) the speaker wants to expel/exhale/purge/evacuate. It works on the level of being universal, but it is completely terrifying when you consider these lyrics in light of the autobiographical bits present in Prison Sex and jimmy.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:38 AM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Potential meaning of Fear Inoculum... Fear of aging? (Lyrics Inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
"you" defines 44&2 disharmonic consciousness (vs "me" 46&2 harmonic consciousness). "ranting and waving his finger AT everything but his heart", we'll miss the deceiver, so long, long time coming. "i know you better than i know myself". "take care not to make me enter, 'cause if i do we both may disappear". "you believed in moments none -could- see ...44&2 believed in me/46&2 (a passionate spirit uncompromised" = "omniscient omnipotent omnipresent without judgement" = "unconditional one". this is how mjk writes, and occults meaning, right in front of "you". been saying it for over a decade now... pretty lonely.
I agree with this, too. But while it may have application to the general struggle we all encounter between the harmonic and disharmonic consciousness, it just sounds so much more personal than that.

Undertow and Opiate seems rife with the disharmonic consciousness. Not just the "worthless liar", but the abuser who wants to follow through with the cycle of abuse. The name-caller who gets away with calling the speaker a "piece of shit". There is a constant threat of being killed or harmed by this second self, but it comes with the caveat of impossibility because this is "a part" of himself that is near impossible to exorcise:

"If I could I'd stick a knife in."

That's likely the individual that in Fear Inoculum (on the most personal level for MJK) the speaker wants to expel/exhale/purge/evacuate. It works on the level of being universal, but it is completely terrifying when you consider these lyrics in light of the autobiographical bits present in Prison Sex and jimmy.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote