View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
11-05-2020, 08:12 PM

I’m sure, considering it from the artist’s point of view, THEY (Some) don’t want to give up playing to sold out venues and feeding off the energy of the crowd. I think that’ll live in one form or another, forever. It’s wanted/needed on both sides of the curtain.

I COULD see promoters using this as a pivot point to rake in loads of cash including a live-stream option, on top of limiting in-person attendance and hiking up the prices to VIP+ levels. Then they keep the streams on-demand for a week, or whatever, and only do 3 or 4 shows a month. ToolArmy would be the pass for Unlimited Tour Access including blurbs and backstage messages And insights from the crew.

It would also give the artists more freedom to highlight smaller and more iconic venues, instead of the HouseholdBrand Arena in every state’s biggest butt-hole city. The bands could take their time to set up more elaborate productions without breaking the bank to send 2 teams of equipment to leapfrog its way across the country. I look at Tool’s tour schedule sometimes and worry about them as PEOPLE. Hats off. I couldn’t do that like they do.

Sorry... meandering Dab-ramble over.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 11-05-2020, 08:12 PM   #7304
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

I’m sure, considering it from the artist’s point of view, THEY (Some) don’t want to give up playing to sold out venues and feeding off the energy of the crowd. I think that’ll live in one form or another, forever. It’s wanted/needed on both sides of the curtain.

I COULD see promoters using this as a pivot point to rake in loads of cash including a live-stream option, on top of limiting in-person attendance and hiking up the prices to VIP+ levels. Then they keep the streams on-demand for a week, or whatever, and only do 3 or 4 shows a month. ToolArmy would be the pass for Unlimited Tour Access including blurbs and backstage messages And insights from the crew.

It would also give the artists more freedom to highlight smaller and more iconic venues, instead of the HouseholdBrand Arena in every state’s biggest butt-hole city. The bands could take their time to set up more elaborate productions without breaking the bank to send 2 teams of equipment to leapfrog its way across the country. I look at Tool’s tour schedule sometimes and worry about them as PEOPLE. Hats off. I couldn’t do that like they do.

Sorry... meandering Dab-ramble over.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote