View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
11-01-2020, 08:49 AM

I thought Puscifer’s performance was pretty cool. Makes me wonder if we’re not seeing the birth of new live formats. I could definitely see more musicians going this route and charging for different streaming Experience packages. Buy The normal flat-screen show, up charge for the front-row VR Experience, or even the AR on-stage experience where you put the goggles on and walk around the stage while the guys rip through the set. This would open up the venue options and allow artists to use unique and scenic venues and charge thousands for the boutique live experience while never selling out a show completely. It seems like they’d be making tour-money A LOT more efficiently that way while still offering a variety of new/unique/exciting experiences.

I’m not the biggest Puscifer junkie, but the Arcosanti event has me feeling some sort of way about the future.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 11-01-2020, 08:49 AM   #7296
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

I thought Puscifer’s performance was pretty cool. Makes me wonder if we’re not seeing the birth of new live formats. I could definitely see more musicians going this route and charging for different streaming Experience packages. Buy The normal flat-screen show, up charge for the front-row VR Experience, or even the AR on-stage experience where you put the goggles on and walk around the stage while the guys rip through the set. This would open up the venue options and allow artists to use unique and scenic venues and charge thousands for the boutique live experience while never selling out a show completely. It seems like they’d be making tour-money A LOT more efficiently that way while still offering a variety of new/unique/exciting experiences.

I’m not the biggest Puscifer junkie, but the Arcosanti event has me feeling some sort of way about the future.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote