View Single Post
sarahethan
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveokc View Post
well oldschool, it was just awesome. 2nd time to see TOOL. seats were better than expected due to the stage being closer than any other show i've seen in the ford center. the usual first section of seats were where the stage started so it was a pleasant surprise. wovenhand was a band i wasn't too crazy about after looking them up on youtube, but i actually enjoyed their set. couldn't understand a damn word the guy was saying but they had a nice groove to them. the space between their set and TOOL'S was a bit longer than what i had read from previous shows. about 35 minutes. show starts and the idiot in front of me with his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening decided they wanted to fight over a beer and it all spilt in his lap, then he proceeded to take a can of dr pepper and pour it down her shirt. my 11 year old son was kinda like "wtf" so to speak about what was going on since he doesn't encounter red neck idiocy like he was witnessing. then the show started, they kept arguing, he raised his fist as to threaten her. the guy next to my son told me to move my kid over if something escalated because he was planning on kicking the shit out of the guy...which i would have possibly joined in on...sad to pay the good money for tix and have to deal with morons. anyway...show was great, setlist was indeed what was listed above. lights and sound were badass, though alot of lyrics i found were drowned out by the music. not a big deal to one who knows all the words. new video in the background was good compared to my first show in 02. lasers were nice and held the attention of the drunk idiot in front of me. kept him from beating his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening. sound was so loud the hairs on my arm were vibrating. towards the middle ol' justin had some issues with either his bass itself or his pedals, was actually picking up the peddle set up and kinda throwing it around a bit, during that time it seemed that adam was picking up his parts and playing to allow the show to go on. my son's 3rd concert, says by far it was the best. still feeling the effects....no beer or smoke in me...just overwhelming and the usual assault on the senses. damn good...just wish it could be a couple of songs longer, but 2 hours is plenty adequate. hope that helps....
I hope your son wore plugs. Actually, everyone should wear plugs. And for those of you who are thinking I mean the soft yellow cheapos, no, you can buy professional musician plugs that keep out the bad and let in the good.

Last edited by sarahethan; 06-24-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveokc View Post
well oldschool, it was just awesome. 2nd time to see TOOL. seats were better than expected due to the stage being closer than any other show i've seen in the ford center. the usual first section of seats were where the stage started so it was a pleasant surprise. wovenhand was a band i wasn't too crazy about after looking them up on youtube, but i actually enjoyed their set. couldn't understand a damn word the guy was saying but they had a nice groove to them. the space between their set and TOOL'S was a bit longer than what i had read from previous shows. about 35 minutes. show starts and the idiot in front of me with his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening decided they wanted to fight over a beer and it all spilt in his lap, then he proceeded to take a can of dr pepper and pour it down her shirt. my 11 year old son was kinda like "wtf" so to speak about what was going on since he doesn't encounter red neck idiocy like he was witnessing. then the show started, they kept arguing, he raised his fist as to threaten her. the guy next to my son told me to move my kid over if something escalated because he was planning on kicking the shit out of the guy...which i would have possibly joined in on...sad to pay the good money for tix and have to deal with morons. anyway...show was great, setlist was indeed what was listed above. lights and sound were badass, though alot of lyrics i found were drowned out by the music. not a big deal to one who knows all the words. new video in the background was good compared to my first show in 02. lasers were nice and held the attention of the drunk idiot in front of me. kept him from beating his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening. sound was so loud the hairs on my arm were vibrating. towards the middle ol' justin had some issues with either his bass itself or his pedals, was actually picking up the peddle set up and kinda throwing it around a bit, during that time it seemed that adam was picking up his parts and playing to allow the show to go on. my son's 3rd concert, says by far it was the best. still feeling the effects....no beer or smoke in me...just overwhelming and the usual assault on the senses. damn good...just wish it could be a couple of songs longer, but 2 hours is plenty adequate. hope that helps....
I hope your son wore plugs. Actually, everyone should wear plugs. And for those of you who are thinking I mean the soft yellow cheapos, no, you can buy professional musician plugs that keep out the bad and let in the good.

Last edited by sarahethan; 06-24-2010 at 01:06 PM..
OFFLINE |