View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 09:54 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50
Thank you both for the replies. I will admit, I am new to meditation, having done it three times or so seriously. Once was in class, I closed my eyes and plugged my ears (all the idiots were talking) and focussed on my breathing, slowing it very much. It felt like 30 seconds, and I looked at the clock and 15 minutes had gone by.

And just the other night I was lying in bed in the dark with Disposition, Reflection, and Triad on the stereo. Again, focussing on the breathing I felt very relaxed with very mild experiences of euphoria during reflection. However, during Triad, my arms lifted towards the sky without me moving them, extremely slowly, then slowly fell back to my sides.

I guess it's just that I've not taken shrooms for a long time, and miss the effect. I believe I will take them, with your advice in mind, just too see if it does anything for me. I will always return to meditation for self reflection.

I too, have read several books concerning hallucinagens - LSD, DMT, Mushrooms. I've also read brief works from Timothy Leary - how his first mushroom trip caused him to see temples and other phenomonon.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote