View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49
Re: Seeking Guidance on Drug Use (Shrooms)

Shrooms are good this if firmly established. Undeniably they are an effective spiritual tool, but they are not a means in themselves. Various forms of meditation and an adherence to a purified lifestyle are probably better ways. but never take large doses of shrooms if you are not confident in your mindset/feeling secure, because they will make you sorry for your sins. really.

In the end I think while serotonergic psychedelics such as shrooms, lsd and DMT are fantastic oppurtunities for mind expansion (i think they tap into the creative Eros energies of the universe, synchronising your brain's, in particular temporal lobe, electroencephalagram with a fundamental wave form) they are ultimately not the way to go about it. Drugs are the highway, spiritual practice is the path. They both lead to the same destination and the highway will get you their quicker and easier, but in the end its gonna pollute the environment and overuse will lead to ecological collapse (your mind that is).

triangular probably sums it up tho with 'mushrooms :D'

What kind of shrooms are you guys all taking?! From what i gather most of you arent from the land of Eng but over here a mini-minimum dose would be about 15 grams of cubensis, 10 for truffles (philosophers stone) and a decent fresh handful of psilocybe semilceanta (liberty caps). what is this god-like 2 gram powder shiznay?! know the species name perchance?

also, on the subject of drugness, what is the availability of mescaline like round your parts? ive always wanted to try it since getting into Hunter S' work (not to mention Huxley). I imagine it would be fantastic to Tool, heard its pretty big on elaborating the brains perception of geometric patterns (LATERALUS!).
peace