View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/01/25 - Sydney, AUS - Olympic Park Showgrounds

A really really fantastic set from Tool tonight. Camped on the barrier from before Jet came on and the crowd was totally psyched by the time Tool came out. There were chants of 'Tool..Tool..Tool' before even Jet came on.
Was completely blown away by the performance. Thought the band totally went off today - Maynard was rocking balls out there, and of course Danny was just supreme, the holy master.
Powerful sound and, at least where i was, the crowd were just LOVING it! There were dozens of people who sang next to every word.
As anyone at this show (or the sideshow) would have experienced, the closing 'triad' (not the song) of: Lateralus, Vicarious and Aenema absolutely pillages one. 22 minutes of unbridled carnage at the end - just beautiful. But as for the rest: stinkfist and 46 & 2 exploded and Opiate was huge.. Schism was a total mindfuck, Danny was just astonishingly good. Sound was good (although vocal sound wasn't as good as the sideshow) and this lighting (and video) show of Tool's is the best I've seen.
I sound like a cheerleader, but really: Tool just owned the big day out tonight, I will definitely never forget this show.
OFFLINE |