View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #1350
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2012 Tour Setlist Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateraL9eight7 View Post
Again. Tool is a delicacy at this point, and should be treated as such. It's not 2001 anymore. They don't have to book, or perform for that matter, so aggressively. When they come around, you're gonna pay. Bottom line.

The prime of a band's career is not a watermark that needs to be reached perpetually. If you didn't get so see the band '97-2002.. That's unfortunate. I never got to see Pink Floyd. Them's the breaks.

And as far as 90 minutes sets of "hits" go. They don't have "hits". They play their most indentifiable songs because that's what you do when you're so big you play arenas. People on message boards that post setlists are a miniscule miniscule % of people that attend these shows. There's 40K members here, the premier Tool fan forum for over a decade. Tool has sold 13 million records.

99.99999999% of concert attendees are surprised. Every time.

Can't please 'em all.

They'll put out a new record out eventually. At their own pace. Their longevity is predicated on being on no ones time but their own.

It'll be worth it. Always was and always will be.
My point here is they repeatedly playing the same songs.. over. and over. and over. Would you walk away from a TOOL concert if they did this:

Didn't play Lateralus=Played Swamp Song instead
Didnt' Play 46-2-Played Prison Sex instead
Didn't Play Jambi-Played Eulogy
Didn't Play Pushit-Played H instead

My argument that the band cashes in a lot of money for a short setlist remains. They play 1.5-2 hours at most. A second and more important note is they released an expensive re-release of Opiate.. goes on tour.. and PLAYS OPIATE ON TOUR. If you cannot see through that.. Sorry. Your just too in love with Tool and you're a homer.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote