View Single Post
ammayhem
08-27-2009, 02:34 PM

drove down from the bay area for my second tool show and fuckin loved it. i was about 30 bodies back from justin's side, which considering how packed we were is pretty fuckin close. have you ever willingly stood so long in such a reek? maynard was chatty.. last show we got a little sign language at the end and not much else. his 'stop, drop, and roll' comment cracked me up, as we were starting to get worried about the fire (!) that someone started bout 20 feet to our right, smoke billowing up and all.
but just as it always is with legendary bands like tool, it was the music that hit me. we are blessed to have artists who still project raw emotional poetry onto beautifully crafted music, without overt displays of egomainia.
see you all next tour
mayhem
Old 08-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.22.09 - Pomona, CA @ Epicenter Fest

drove down from the bay area for my second tool show and fuckin loved it. i was about 30 bodies back from justin's side, which considering how packed we were is pretty fuckin close. have you ever willingly stood so long in such a reek? maynard was chatty.. last show we got a little sign language at the end and not much else. his 'stop, drop, and roll' comment cracked me up, as we were starting to get worried about the fire (!) that someone started bout 20 feet to our right, smoke billowing up and all.
but just as it always is with legendary bands like tool, it was the music that hit me. we are blessed to have artists who still project raw emotional poetry onto beautifully crafted music, without overt displays of egomainia.
see you all next tour
mayhem
OFFLINE |