View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 04:06 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Satori - Glimpse of Truth

iamthema,

What you write definitely is hard to catch, it is a bit scattered, and I have to read twice to see what you are trying to say. I can tell that you have spent years analyzing or trying to figure out the meaning behind Tool songs just because in every line you have to quote Maynard. I think it would be better for you to just explain in your own words. Plus you never know if your interpretations are correct and many others have different views so they might be really confused reading your views.

There was a phase in my life where I was researching a lot and studying the lyrics but then it hit me... It's one thing to have knowledge of the meaning behind Tool songs and it is another to experience Tool songs or experience what the songs are about.

My recommendation would be that if anyone would like to understand or experience Tool then drop all the knowledge that was gathered of others interpretations and spend some time to dive into yourself. Find a technique that works for you, go out in nature, or go on a meditation retreat. I just feel that you may not be able to truly understand unless you have experienced a depth in your being.

Another thing is that no one really knows what Tools intentions are. Maybe I am interpreting all the songs wrong. Who knows?... But, at least Tool gave me the drive and thirst to experience a song like Lateralus.

If there is anything I would be sure of Tools intentions- especially for a song like Lateralus- would be for you to experience depths in yourself instead of living so much in your head.

Last edited by Prem Kala; 07-31-2016 at 04:07 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote