View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Carl Jung and Ænima (an essay)

Ok let me start by saying that I concur with most of your interpretations on the matter of deciphering MJK's lyrical wizardry from Aenima.. In fact I just signed up on this site because after reading your intriguing essay on the matter I felt my intuition urging me to commend your exceptional performance on extracting the Jungian principles throughout the album. Your also 100% correct on the matter of Tool being the only band competent enough to embrace and act on putting Jungian beliefs on paper and explain the process of individuation as eloquently as they did. I am a 23 year old veteran who served a year in iraq when I was only 18 and that among may other things led me to the pessimistic outlook on life maynard struggled with in his former years. The reason I bring up such a thing because in order for me to move forward I had to realize what was eating at my soul.. I soon broke down my past selves and deciphered the archetypes mention by C.G.Jung and also your essay, I saw my soldier/ protector archetype, My childhood wasn't the happiest so I also reconnected with that older self and also many more. I worked the process and allowed my unconscious to speak freely without my conscious judgement or others impeding on its presence, and that is the only way to cross though the shadow and find The Self.. This process works and for all who care enough to learn it or for those who are at a loss like I was and need a way out of a negative state of being and mind. I say to you there's no way out only a way in... Find it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote