View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
07-20-2010, 07:50 PM

Besides the inclusion of the Pot which was awesome, I wanted to comment a bit further on the inclusion of Intension.

I know there are some amongst you who feel that song is just filler. Hell, even last night I could see some of the wandering by fans as they launched into it. But honestly I think it is a beautiful song. And, if you really paid attention to it last night, I think you got some glimpses of some of the next record in there. The sections that opened Intension and then eventually led into EBA and the Patient were not something I have heard before.

On the subject of new material- one of my friends noted on another message board about the new break they put in just before where the outro used to be for the final "Prying open..." close to Third Eye. Not sure if that has been getting done all along on this tour but it is different than the Salival version of same song.

I don't have much more to add to all the great reviews. But I think I will go ahead and do something I don't normally think to do and say THANK YOU TOOL! And I do not just mean the band. Thanks to all the stage, lighting, roadies etc who did such an amazing job making this show not only feel seemless, but turn both nights in LA into a special event I was lucky to attend. Even this site, which provides a great outlet for fans like myself, deserves thanks for providing to the overall experience. Awesome job guys!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 07-20-2010 at 07:53 PM..
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #36
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: 07.19.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

Besides the inclusion of the Pot which was awesome, I wanted to comment a bit further on the inclusion of Intension.

I know there are some amongst you who feel that song is just filler. Hell, even last night I could see some of the wandering by fans as they launched into it. But honestly I think it is a beautiful song. And, if you really paid attention to it last night, I think you got some glimpses of some of the next record in there. The sections that opened Intension and then eventually led into EBA and the Patient were not something I have heard before.

On the subject of new material- one of my friends noted on another message board about the new break they put in just before where the outro used to be for the final "Prying open..." close to Third Eye. Not sure if that has been getting done all along on this tour but it is different than the Salival version of same song.

I don't have much more to add to all the great reviews. But I think I will go ahead and do something I don't normally think to do and say THANK YOU TOOL! And I do not just mean the band. Thanks to all the stage, lighting, roadies etc who did such an amazing job making this show not only feel seemless, but turn both nights in LA into a special event I was lucky to attend. Even this site, which provides a great outlet for fans like myself, deserves thanks for providing to the overall experience. Awesome job guys!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 07-20-2010 at 07:53 PM..
OFFLINE |