View Single Post
Sequoia225
07-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Saw Seattle, San Diego, and both LA shows.
This night was the best of all 4!!

Nokia Theater is incredible. Saw them there in 2007 also. Nice to have CLOSE seats this time around there. The show was almost perfection……….Only one very special thing to me was missing this time around...... But seeing them there is an incredible experience.

Maynard was seemingly more "into" this last show. Missed having the drum duel of the other shows during Lateralus, but man, this show was just fucking fantastic! Right in Two for the first LA show was my highlight of all 4 shows - but goddamn, I was not expecting Intension or The Pot at ALL on this night. What a fantastic surprise. Thanks to the band for switching up BOTH LA nights from the other shows on the tour.

Looooooved The Patient - this night in particular as I could hear the whole audience joining in throughout the song - amazing "goose bumps" moment. That song is just FUCKING AWESOME live.

They played the HELL out of Lateralus this show (which is saying something cause every night it is amazing). At the start of the song the girl behind me kept yelling to her friend, "are you ready? Are you ready?" hahaha indeed I was!!.... I missed the drum battle this show that I saw on the others – But the end sections of that song after the solo, I dont know, there was just an energy with the band and the audience at that moment that was amazing. It almost felt like it was the "last time" they would ever play it, it seemed to be played with so much energy. It was truly one of the best moments at a show Ive ever seen.

Thanks to the guy in front of me for being cool and respectful when I told him to lower his camera from my view. If only more people could show such courtesy during a show to those behind them. Having a BRIGHT little screen of the show in the center of your view pretty much sucks.

Really bummed that I didnt get that "California Republic" shirt as I stupidly waited for the second LA night to buy and they were sold out of L and XL before the doors even opened. I Did get the poster though. If anyone wants to trade night one for the extra night 2 I have, PM me!!

and yeah - as said above - the idiots that use their flashes (LEDs on the phones) for pics - get a clue ok? youre not going to get any good shot of the show with a flash and you are just irritating those around you.

Overall, this night was amazing. The energy was unbelievable with band and audience.
All 4 shows during Aenema where "Im praying for rain" comes in, was very bittersweet - as I know the show is now almost over. But last night (this show) – though I knew now it was REALLY all most over being the last night and all……….the whole show was just fucking amazing from start to finish.

The guys really out did themselves at this show. What a way to end this tour/and my little run of 4 shows.

Thanks to the band for the experience – as always.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

Saw Seattle, San Diego, and both LA shows.
This night was the best of all 4!!

Nokia Theater is incredible. Saw them there in 2007 also. Nice to have CLOSE seats this time around there. The show was almost perfection……….Only one very special thing to me was missing this time around...... But seeing them there is an incredible experience.

Maynard was seemingly more "into" this last show. Missed having the drum duel of the other shows during Lateralus, but man, this show was just fucking fantastic! Right in Two for the first LA show was my highlight of all 4 shows - but goddamn, I was not expecting Intension or The Pot at ALL on this night. What a fantastic surprise. Thanks to the band for switching up BOTH LA nights from the other shows on the tour.

Looooooved The Patient - this night in particular as I could hear the whole audience joining in throughout the song - amazing "goose bumps" moment. That song is just FUCKING AWESOME live.

They played the HELL out of Lateralus this show (which is saying something cause every night it is amazing). At the start of the song the girl behind me kept yelling to her friend, "are you ready? Are you ready?" hahaha indeed I was!!.... I missed the drum battle this show that I saw on the others – But the end sections of that song after the solo, I dont know, there was just an energy with the band and the audience at that moment that was amazing. It almost felt like it was the "last time" they would ever play it, it seemed to be played with so much energy. It was truly one of the best moments at a show Ive ever seen.

Thanks to the guy in front of me for being cool and respectful when I told him to lower his camera from my view. If only more people could show such courtesy during a show to those behind them. Having a BRIGHT little screen of the show in the center of your view pretty much sucks.

Really bummed that I didnt get that "California Republic" shirt as I stupidly waited for the second LA night to buy and they were sold out of L and XL before the doors even opened. I Did get the poster though. If anyone wants to trade night one for the extra night 2 I have, PM me!!

and yeah - as said above - the idiots that use their flashes (LEDs on the phones) for pics - get a clue ok? youre not going to get any good shot of the show with a flash and you are just irritating those around you.

Overall, this night was amazing. The energy was unbelievable with band and audience.
All 4 shows during Aenema where "Im praying for rain" comes in, was very bittersweet - as I know the show is now almost over. But last night (this show) – though I knew now it was REALLY all most over being the last night and all……….the whole show was just fucking amazing from start to finish.

The guys really out did themselves at this show. What a way to end this tour/and my little run of 4 shows.

Thanks to the band for the experience – as always.
OFFLINE |