View Single Post
lateralicious
07-20-2010, 01:38 AM

My eighth show and definitely #2. Sorry, boys, but it's hard to top the Halloween show in San Diego 2001 complete with "Pushit", my favorite song along with Lateralus.

But tonight was magical. Brilliant from start to finish. Maynard's vocals (change in key notwithstanding) were beautiful, Adam was free-flowing with real emotion, and Justin & Danny are absolute BEASTS. Everyone was stellar, but lest I forget...

The visuals.

By far the most extravagant, gorgeous, conceptually-aligned (but not bloated), lighting I have seen at a concert ever. Everything matched the music in such a perfect fashion that the 3 newbies I was with watched the entire show with jaws on the floor. Stunning.

This band continues to amaze me and will for the rest of my life and my children's lives. I can only hope that they continue to have the desire and fuel to continue to make magic so my kids can see this at some point!

And FYI for anyone who feels at all slighted by Maynard's wine venture, feeling that he cares more about his wine than Tool at this point, much less that it's "weird", etc. It's time to enjoy the truth: The man will continue to both make music and wine because they are his passion, and as such he has made them dependent on one another. One will not exist without the other for him simply because they ARE him.

To conclude: You want more Tool records, more Tool music, more Tool LIVE? Get off the Bud Light and learn about the blood, sweat, and absolute beauty of wine. Read a tad bit about what actual FARMERS have to do to create this lovely liquid, and how difficult it is for them to find a way through mindless bureaucracy and a saturated market to create something new. Then help give a new venture a chance and buy some Caduceus juice!

Bravo, Tool. Goodnight.

Last edited by lateralicious; 07-20-2010 at 01:48 AM..
Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

My eighth show and definitely #2. Sorry, boys, but it's hard to top the Halloween show in San Diego 2001 complete with "Pushit", my favorite song along with Lateralus.

But tonight was magical. Brilliant from start to finish. Maynard's vocals (change in key notwithstanding) were beautiful, Adam was free-flowing with real emotion, and Justin & Danny are absolute BEASTS. Everyone was stellar, but lest I forget...

The visuals.

By far the most extravagant, gorgeous, conceptually-aligned (but not bloated), lighting I have seen at a concert ever. Everything matched the music in such a perfect fashion that the 3 newbies I was with watched the entire show with jaws on the floor. Stunning.

This band continues to amaze me and will for the rest of my life and my children's lives. I can only hope that they continue to have the desire and fuel to continue to make magic so my kids can see this at some point!

And FYI for anyone who feels at all slighted by Maynard's wine venture, feeling that he cares more about his wine than Tool at this point, much less that it's "weird", etc. It's time to enjoy the truth: The man will continue to both make music and wine because they are his passion, and as such he has made them dependent on one another. One will not exist without the other for him simply because they ARE him.

To conclude: You want more Tool records, more Tool music, more Tool LIVE? Get off the Bud Light and learn about the blood, sweat, and absolute beauty of wine. Read a tad bit about what actual FARMERS have to do to create this lovely liquid, and how difficult it is for them to find a way through mindless bureaucracy and a saturated market to create something new. Then help give a new venture a chance and buy some Caduceus juice!

Bravo, Tool. Goodnight.

Last edited by lateralicious; 07-20-2010 at 01:48 AM..
OFFLINE |