View Single Post
Succubus
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM

By far my favorite band, and the 3rd time I've seen them, though I've been a die hard fan since '93. They still put on one hell of a show, and now that I've seen Intolerance and 3rd Eye live, I can die a happy girl. That being said....why the hell are they recycling the exact same set list at every show?? I've never known them to do this, and the addition of "The Patient", while awesome, has me seriously freaked out. Am I the only one who feels like they're just sort of cashing in before calling it quits?

The venue was great, I loved that it was done "half court" but found it odd that there were still so many open seats. I live in CO, and have seen them both times previously there where they sell out in MINUTES. This was very weird for me, but I'm not complaining! There really wasn't a bad seat in the house! As others have said, Maynard did get drowned out a bit, but overall, when it mattered, he delivered.

I did get a few laughs at the expense of the Wovenhand lead singer. I gotta say, though, they were a VAST improvement over the last opening band I saw with them, Melt Banana. OMFG, that was the longest hour of my entire life!

Once again, impressed as hell, and really, really hoping that this isn't some "farewell" concoction and the album we keep hearing about really is forthcoming.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #48
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

By far my favorite band, and the 3rd time I've seen them, though I've been a die hard fan since '93. They still put on one hell of a show, and now that I've seen Intolerance and 3rd Eye live, I can die a happy girl. That being said....why the hell are they recycling the exact same set list at every show?? I've never known them to do this, and the addition of "The Patient", while awesome, has me seriously freaked out. Am I the only one who feels like they're just sort of cashing in before calling it quits?

The venue was great, I loved that it was done "half court" but found it odd that there were still so many open seats. I live in CO, and have seen them both times previously there where they sell out in MINUTES. This was very weird for me, but I'm not complaining! There really wasn't a bad seat in the house! As others have said, Maynard did get drowned out a bit, but overall, when it mattered, he delivered.

I did get a few laughs at the expense of the Wovenhand lead singer. I gotta say, though, they were a VAST improvement over the last opening band I saw with them, Melt Banana. OMFG, that was the longest hour of my entire life!

Once again, impressed as hell, and really, really hoping that this isn't some "farewell" concoction and the album we keep hearing about really is forthcoming.
OFFLINE |