View Single Post
down_nola
06-20-2010, 11:09 PM

Ninth time seeing Tool the past three years and it was by far the best show visually and set wise. with it being opening night, the anticipation prior to the show was running rampant. I figured there would be a fare amount of changes to the set, but in noway was expecting what we got. The show was just simple phenomenal. The new visual features added to the stage defiantly makes all the differance. This was easily the best few weeks of my life, having seen Iron Maiden and Dream Theater twice last week and Tool this past Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schismantraenima View Post
But they had a pit (no stupid fuckin chairs) on the floor. If this is what we can expect of the UNO arena for future events, I doubt I will do any. Whats TOOL w/o a mosh pit .... WTF Beaver Productions?
?
lol, it's not UNO's fault there were chairs on the floor. It was the bands request. I prefer pit as well, but I wouldn't enjoy a show any less without it. The band has evolved into a visual experience anyways, moshing becomes a secondary thought.

Last edited by down_nola; 06-21-2010 at 12:10 AM..
Old 06-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.19.2010 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena

Ninth time seeing Tool the past three years and it was by far the best show visually and set wise. with it being opening night, the anticipation prior to the show was running rampant. I figured there would be a fare amount of changes to the set, but in noway was expecting what we got. The show was just simple phenomenal. The new visual features added to the stage defiantly makes all the differance. This was easily the best few weeks of my life, having seen Iron Maiden and Dream Theater twice last week and Tool this past Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schismantraenima View Post
But they had a pit (no stupid fuckin chairs) on the floor. If this is what we can expect of the UNO arena for future events, I doubt I will do any. Whats TOOL w/o a mosh pit .... WTF Beaver Productions?
?
lol, it's not UNO's fault there were chairs on the floor. It was the bands request. I prefer pit as well, but I wouldn't enjoy a show any less without it. The band has evolved into a visual experience anyways, moshing becomes a secondary thought.

Last edited by down_nola; 06-21-2010 at 12:10 AM..
OFFLINE |