View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #17
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157
Re: 2007/01/19 - Auckland, NZ - MT Smart Stadium

Man, I have been busy. Yeah Tool were amazing. I had pretty reasonable sound from where I was - just outside the fenced off "D" mosh pit, not to far from the sound desk. Tool's sound was pretty good considering it was an outdoor festival. Their sound was better than most bands that took the main stage, although Muse also had excellent sound. Incidently, while Muse were playing they were setting up the other stage for Tool and the crowd cheered Danny's enormous drumkit as it was wheeled out.

Mostly flawless playing, the collapsed end of Rosetta Stoned made me laugh though. Also noticed Justin got out of time a little in a part of Lateralus. That said, the amount of complex shit that they nailed is phenomal. Danny is, as always, a monster. Maynard sounded great. Justin's sound suffered a little due to the open air environment, but his playing was superb. Adam stood stock still except for one little bounce I noticed and he appeared to play everything perfectly. Thank you Serj - that was very cool. Dude, buy a house in Welly's - forget about Auckland.

The circular lighting rig was left alone until the beginning of Lateralus then when the song really kicked in, the lasers blasted from both sides of the stage - I was blown away. I had the perfect view of everything standing on the fence just before the walkway between the D and the rest of the stadium. I sat through Scribe and The Killers to keep that spot. Man, Scribe has gotten chubby! Yeah "Peace and love!(and fried food)"

There was a little improv with Maynard on keys before Lateralus (I think). A couple of other spots had some scratching around before the song proper began, but I forget where.

Anyway, I gotta get going. I am really busy at the moment. We start recording on Wednesday. Thanks for the inspiration Tool.

Take care,

Dan
OFFLINE |