46 & 2
Jambi
Schism (with sped up middle)
Rosetta Stoned (no lost keys)
Sober (feat. Serj Tankian)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

My very first festival experience, its like seeing Tool on there own, but with a bunch of shitty opening acts, crappy sound, a lot of waiting, and more expensive. That said, it was worth it, stock set n all.

I didn't get much of a view, I did initially but as soon as Tool started playing the area I was in got bombarded with faggy tall nuckleheads. But at least the sound wasn't too bad where I was, I thought the guitars where a little low, but not too bad.

Onto the set. It was pretty awesome, Tool seemed to be in good spirits and played almost flawlessly. Maynard didn't wuss out on any of the tough singing bits, I really like the big scream in Stinkfist, and the end of Vicarious. There's not a whole lot to say about the set that I reckon would be much different from any of the other recent sets except this. Just before Sober Maynard announced 'There might be a special guest on this song, I'm not sure, but its possible. You may have heard of this new, up and coming band, System of a Down' or words close to that.
Then during the usual guest spot in Sober Serj came out and wailed away with some nice echoy, distorted effects, doing some kidna easterny sounding cries, it was actually pretty awesome. He even threw a very hearty blood curdling scream in there to top it off, very nice. He returned later for the group hug at the end. I've seen him around Auckland a bit, apparently he's shopping for a home over here, he actually wanted to start up a studio I believe, but the NZ government refused on ground that they didn't want to take anything away from (the extremely crappy) local music, even though the studio was meant as much for New Zealand music as anywhere else.
So yeah, thats the highlights that I can think of so far. I really enjoyed Rosetta, even without Lost Keys. Vicarious impressed me, I've never been huge on that song but they nailed it live. Lateralus was good as always. Apart from being shorter than I'd have liked, there were pretty much no low points.

Oh yeah, he said they "hopefully" be back in November, and kept mentioning what a lovely day it was.

Thats all for now, as Maynard said, peace the fuck out.

Last edited by Gman3k; 01-19-2007 at 04:12 AM.. Reason: spelling
OFFLINE |