View Single Post
SpiralOut67's Avatar SpiralOut67
08-04-2009, 12:52 PM

I don't know what everyone else was expecting from this tour but DAMMIT PLEASE leave Maynard the fuck alone! I don't know where everyone else was standing at, but from sec. 109, row F, seats 5 & 6,(halfway back,twenty rows up) the sound was fucking amazing and I thought everyone in the band had good energy and seemed to really enjoy themselves. Lateralus damn near sent my heart into spams!

Maynard had to start the show off dealing with the douchebag with the laser pointer but I think he sang well and put on a great show. Everyone who bitched about the voice-box on Stinkfist listen to the CD, that's how the song is supposed to be sung! We all know that Maynard has been removing himself from the spotlight for some time now. Why is his lack of "spotlight" time a surprise to anyone? I think he just wants the focus on the whole group and the total experience at a TOOL show and not so focused on him.

Why can't all of you who are on here bitching about the setlist just appreciate the fact that Maynard, Danny, Justin and Adam took time from their summer to come out on tour so that we could see the greatest fucking band of all time perform for our enjoyment? I mean come on, I'd pay to see TOOL play the fucking alphabet EVERY night if they would do it, wouldn't you? Then take a deep breath, quit bitching because they didn't play Sober or Prison Sex (If you knew anything about Maynard you would know that he has stated that he has moved past those things in his life and won't be singing about them any more, so get over it!), and just relish in the fact that you got to see TOOL play at least one last time!

I loved the show. I loved the sound. I loved everyone's effort and I would just like to take this time to say THANK YOU to TOOL for coming to my city and rocking out in the first place I ever saw a concert when I was a kid!!! It is a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my life! You guys rock!!!

Last edited by SpiralOut67; 08-04-2009 at 12:54 PM..
Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #58
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

I don't know what everyone else was expecting from this tour but DAMMIT PLEASE leave Maynard the fuck alone! I don't know where everyone else was standing at, but from sec. 109, row F, seats 5 & 6,(halfway back,twenty rows up) the sound was fucking amazing and I thought everyone in the band had good energy and seemed to really enjoy themselves. Lateralus damn near sent my heart into spams!

Maynard had to start the show off dealing with the douchebag with the laser pointer but I think he sang well and put on a great show. Everyone who bitched about the voice-box on Stinkfist listen to the CD, that's how the song is supposed to be sung! We all know that Maynard has been removing himself from the spotlight for some time now. Why is his lack of "spotlight" time a surprise to anyone? I think he just wants the focus on the whole group and the total experience at a TOOL show and not so focused on him.

Why can't all of you who are on here bitching about the setlist just appreciate the fact that Maynard, Danny, Justin and Adam took time from their summer to come out on tour so that we could see the greatest fucking band of all time perform for our enjoyment? I mean come on, I'd pay to see TOOL play the fucking alphabet EVERY night if they would do it, wouldn't you? Then take a deep breath, quit bitching because they didn't play Sober or Prison Sex (If you knew anything about Maynard you would know that he has stated that he has moved past those things in his life and won't be singing about them any more, so get over it!), and just relish in the fact that you got to see TOOL play at least one last time!

I loved the show. I loved the sound. I loved everyone's effort and I would just like to take this time to say THANK YOU to TOOL for coming to my city and rocking out in the first place I ever saw a concert when I was a kid!!! It is a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my life! You guys rock!!!

Last edited by SpiralOut67; 08-04-2009 at 12:54 PM..
OFFLINE |