View Single Post
Old 10-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #112
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Eulogy of Jesus Christ

I agree that this song is not about Jesus as the person necessarily but more about Christianity in general. And I really don't want to offend anyone...the following is strictly an opinion based on my own interpretation of the bible and I am open to feedback...I think in some ways Jesus did "rant and point his finger" for instance, the scene in the temple when he ripped everything apart in response to the market operating in a house of worship and the incident with the fig tree. I think at times he was petulant and spiteful. Having stated all that, I think Jesus was just another person, and wasn't perfect. Much of what he had to say was meaningful and we can take a lot out of it if we chose to. However, Christians have chosen to make their religion into something that is based outside of the teachings of Jesus, adding in things for their own purposes. If you can step back and see both the good and bad in the religion then anyone can learn from it. I agree with many of the teachings of the Buddha but that doesn't mean I believe every supernatural story that is connected with him. I just read what the man had to say and take what I can from it.

As for the song, I think he is speaking out at anyone and everyone who has twisted things and fucked with the progress of the human race. People trying to pacify their egos and place themselves higher than the rest of us, which essentially holds us back. I think the possible Jesus references are in there because Christians have been very guilty of this behavior in the past. Just my opinion.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote