View Single Post
fazebesnappin's Avatar fazebesnappin
02-09-2012, 12:18 AM

I had awesome seats to the extreme right of the stage. From this vantage point I got to see the behind the scenes type shit. We were behind the speakers so sound wasn't that great but this is my 5th show so I enjoyed what I got to see rather than hear. When most people see Maynard walk off stage for a moment, I was at side stage watching him sit down behind Danny's kit and text msg, drink and share wine straight from the bottle, take pictures of the wine bottle and other things with his phone, all kinds of shit! Justin joined Maynard hiding behind Danny and shared a laugh while drinking Stella Artois...Thats how close I was, I could read the beer label! Maynard made sure everyone drank from his bottle of wine. Danny, Justin, Adam, the drummer from the opening band, and he was behind Danny sharing wine with the stage hands! He even took a picture with his phone of Danny as he sipped from the wine bottle. At the end of the show they were surprised by falling confetti that looked like popcorn. May have been popcorn. Justin dived into a pile of it on the stage! Maynard stuck around longer than usual at the end to make sure EVERYONE had hit his wine bottle. I don't know if the wine sharing thing was because this was the last show of the tour or if he was toasting to his "final" show. I'm sure I'll remember some cool shit I forgot to mention later so I might be posting again. I recommend this seating area to any real Tool fan that wants to see a 'different' type of show. Cool shit you may have never seen! For instance, I had a clear and close view of Danny when he tucks one stick under his arm, grabs the mallet and hits the gong, then grabs the stick from under his arm and continues playing Lateralus...all the while never missing a beat. I knew he did it, just never saw it so close LIVE!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

I had awesome seats to the extreme right of the stage. From this vantage point I got to see the behind the scenes type shit. We were behind the speakers so sound wasn't that great but this is my 5th show so I enjoyed what I got to see rather than hear. When most people see Maynard walk off stage for a moment, I was at side stage watching him sit down behind Danny's kit and text msg, drink and share wine straight from the bottle, take pictures of the wine bottle and other things with his phone, all kinds of shit! Justin joined Maynard hiding behind Danny and shared a laugh while drinking Stella Artois...Thats how close I was, I could read the beer label! Maynard made sure everyone drank from his bottle of wine. Danny, Justin, Adam, the drummer from the opening band, and he was behind Danny sharing wine with the stage hands! He even took a picture with his phone of Danny as he sipped from the wine bottle. At the end of the show they were surprised by falling confetti that looked like popcorn. May have been popcorn. Justin dived into a pile of it on the stage! Maynard stuck around longer than usual at the end to make sure EVERYONE had hit his wine bottle. I don't know if the wine sharing thing was because this was the last show of the tour or if he was toasting to his "final" show. I'm sure I'll remember some cool shit I forgot to mention later so I might be posting again. I recommend this seating area to any real Tool fan that wants to see a 'different' type of show. Cool shit you may have never seen! For instance, I had a clear and close view of Danny when he tucks one stick under his arm, grabs the mallet and hits the gong, then grabs the stick from under his arm and continues playing Lateralus...all the while never missing a beat. I knew he did it, just never saw it so close LIVE!