View Single Post
Sven77
02-02-2012, 09:38 PM

I have seen Tool a couple of times. My first show was in the early 90's at Strand Theatre in Providence RI, with Failure opening for them. Tried to get two tickets together the day they went on sale and it was impossible. I hate ticketmaster and stubhub. Bought a ticket the day before the show. Mohegan Sun is a great venue ! Easy to navigate to and FREE parking. seat was in Section 23 and I wore earplugs. opening band tried but i went to get beers. t-shirts were 40-50$, terrible. show started and I immediately smelled someone smoking weed. many security were nice, kinda busy bodies keeping the fans from recording show. Couple of fans were falling down drunks.
Tool is one of my top 3 bands and after seeing some utube videos i knew i had to go.
Im sure Danny is some sort of unstoppable cyborg drumming machine. He was the main reason I went. I love all the music that Maynard creates. I saw him with APC this summer so I wasnt suprised to see him in the shadows again, wearing the same police outfit, mohawk and night stick this time. Voice volume was kinna low but the music sounded great. I realize MJK is not gonna have a spot light and do a moonwalk across the stage so I was glad to see an amazing Laser show. Asteroids arcade game on the screens for intermission. Im sure MJK has made millions with his bands and doesnt need to create new music or tour, but im happy he still does. Fave songs were 46&2, Schism, and Lateralus. Dreaming of a new CD release.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.31.2012 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

I have seen Tool a couple of times. My first show was in the early 90's at Strand Theatre in Providence RI, with Failure opening for them. Tried to get two tickets together the day they went on sale and it was impossible. I hate ticketmaster and stubhub. Bought a ticket the day before the show. Mohegan Sun is a great venue ! Easy to navigate to and FREE parking. seat was in Section 23 and I wore earplugs. opening band tried but i went to get beers. t-shirts were 40-50$, terrible. show started and I immediately smelled someone smoking weed. many security were nice, kinda busy bodies keeping the fans from recording show. Couple of fans were falling down drunks.
Tool is one of my top 3 bands and after seeing some utube videos i knew i had to go.
Im sure Danny is some sort of unstoppable cyborg drumming machine. He was the main reason I went. I love all the music that Maynard creates. I saw him with APC this summer so I wasnt suprised to see him in the shadows again, wearing the same police outfit, mohawk and night stick this time. Voice volume was kinna low but the music sounded great. I realize MJK is not gonna have a spot light and do a moonwalk across the stage so I was glad to see an amazing Laser show. Asteroids arcade game on the screens for intermission. Im sure MJK has made millions with his bands and doesnt need to create new music or tour, but im happy he still does. Fave songs were 46&2, Schism, and Lateralus. Dreaming of a new CD release.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote