View Single Post
mdh85
02-02-2012, 07:01 AM

I have to admit, i was a little dissapointed last night as I went to bed at 12 and looked at this site's setlist to see I missed seeing Sober. (Work until 9:00 and 40 min drive to E Rutherford)

However with that being said, the show in Camden on Sunday was a truly life changing experience. Did i get to hear The Pot, or Sober? NO. Did I need to? Nope. TOOL brought new life to songs that I never really deemed as my "favs" (ticks and leeches, pushit, hooker...holy fkn shit to all of these songs). Seriously, if someone would have been talking during any of these songs I probably would have started a moshpit all over there faces. These guys have not lost it and continue to be one of the best "live" bands of all time.

On a side note, as a guitar "hobbyist" for 7 years, i'd really like to delve into that bonkers intro to Schism. If you listen to that intro, then fast forward to the main "heavy" part of the song, you will see that they are extremely similar. Both parts are played in the same key and chord progressions and I highly doubt (sorry to everyone wishing for a new album, believe me I'm with you!) this is part of a new song. Just a different way of expressing the song, and a damn good one at that. We will just have to wait and be patient for these guys to settle down after the tour and fully record what they have all been working on! I read toolband.com's news section this morning and it did say the band would be practicing new material after the soundcheck for each show...who knows someone could get lucky during the last leg of the tour and hear a new song...good luck!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

I have to admit, i was a little dissapointed last night as I went to bed at 12 and looked at this site's setlist to see I missed seeing Sober. (Work until 9:00 and 40 min drive to E Rutherford)

However with that being said, the show in Camden on Sunday was a truly life changing experience. Did i get to hear The Pot, or Sober? NO. Did I need to? Nope. TOOL brought new life to songs that I never really deemed as my "favs" (ticks and leeches, pushit, hooker...holy fkn shit to all of these songs). Seriously, if someone would have been talking during any of these songs I probably would have started a moshpit all over there faces. These guys have not lost it and continue to be one of the best "live" bands of all time.

On a side note, as a guitar "hobbyist" for 7 years, i'd really like to delve into that bonkers intro to Schism. If you listen to that intro, then fast forward to the main "heavy" part of the song, you will see that they are extremely similar. Both parts are played in the same key and chord progressions and I highly doubt (sorry to everyone wishing for a new album, believe me I'm with you!) this is part of a new song. Just a different way of expressing the song, and a damn good one at that. We will just have to wait and be patient for these guys to settle down after the tour and fully record what they have all been working on! I read toolband.com's news section this morning and it did say the band would be practicing new material after the soundcheck for each show...who knows someone could get lucky during the last leg of the tour and hear a new song...good luck!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote