View Single Post
permian84
02-01-2012, 06:44 AM

Great venue for the band to post graphic imagery and weave their pedals through another classic rock show. When a band opens with an aggressive number such as "Hooker with a Penis"; no "yips", thundering clean crisp sound, vocals spot on....impressive. I was in a section near people who saw them in Boston over the weekend, and after the show they said to a man, "much better this time". Not much movement on stage, I could care less...too many idiot bands veil their shitty sound and look with props. I'd bet they timed out on all their songs (except LATERALUS) very close to matching Album times. I decided not to wear earplugs, usually a mistake, but other than residula humming, I am good today. I'll say it; them and Zeppelin are the two greatest rock bands EVER. EVER. Lateralus is the ultimate, and as a unit, no band hits on stride better. Danny is the "God of Thunder" on his killer kit. I've heard yearnings of changing the setlist by many through the years to eliminate some of the staples, but when played to perfection, it is mind blowing. "Schism" had purpose, a song I particularly do not care for. Thanx TOOL. Spiral Out.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.31.2012 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

Great venue for the band to post graphic imagery and weave their pedals through another classic rock show. When a band opens with an aggressive number such as "Hooker with a Penis"; no "yips", thundering clean crisp sound, vocals spot on....impressive. I was in a section near people who saw them in Boston over the weekend, and after the show they said to a man, "much better this time". Not much movement on stage, I could care less...too many idiot bands veil their shitty sound and look with props. I'd bet they timed out on all their songs (except LATERALUS) very close to matching Album times. I decided not to wear earplugs, usually a mistake, but other than residula humming, I am good today. I'll say it; them and Zeppelin are the two greatest rock bands EVER. EVER. Lateralus is the ultimate, and as a unit, no band hits on stride better. Danny is the "God of Thunder" on his killer kit. I've heard yearnings of changing the setlist by many through the years to eliminate some of the staples, but when played to perfection, it is mind blowing. "Schism" had purpose, a song I particularly do not care for. Thanx TOOL. Spiral Out.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote