View Single Post
nrca
01-16-2012, 06:35 PM

show was FUCKING awesome. Like others have been saying, the songs they played were awesome! Was on the floor in row 21, and the sound was really good from there. Hooker with a Penis, Intension, Pushit and Ticks and Leaches were all a first for me, which was awesome to hear. In my opinion, I think Hooker is bright back. Since Maynard has a bunch of twitter accounts , I'm sure the Tool complaints/shit talkers bombard all his twitter accounts. Many say he isn't into it, only still doing it for the $, etc. So it's not that surprising he finds relevance to bring this song back. Thanks to all who have quoted Maynard's lyric changes to the song, I could tell he was singing different words, but were hard to make out due to all the excitement of myself and everyone around me. Maynard comments were funny, my favorite was when he said something along the lines of "This past year we've been not doing much, just hanging out in Palm Spring, sipping martinis by the pool." Jam before schism was really cool. At this point I think some of these riffs from the jams between songs might end up in new songs when they eventually release new music.
Just to make a few quick comparisons to the last Reno show (just some facts, no opinion about them): was cool that they played Intension and The Pot, both weren't played last time they came though. They didn't play Vicarious this show or last Reno show, so they've never played Vicarious in Reno. Also last time they played Reno they did not do the extended version of Stinkfist, which makes the only two times I've seen them where they haven't done it was the two Reno Shows I been too.
Well I tried to make this short, didn't do too well on that.
Anyway hope you all had as much fun as I did, glad to see Tool is still in top notch.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

show was FUCKING awesome. Like others have been saying, the songs they played were awesome! Was on the floor in row 21, and the sound was really good from there. Hooker with a Penis, Intension, Pushit and Ticks and Leaches were all a first for me, which was awesome to hear. In my opinion, I think Hooker is bright back. Since Maynard has a bunch of twitter accounts , I'm sure the Tool complaints/shit talkers bombard all his twitter accounts. Many say he isn't into it, only still doing it for the $, etc. So it's not that surprising he finds relevance to bring this song back. Thanks to all who have quoted Maynard's lyric changes to the song, I could tell he was singing different words, but were hard to make out due to all the excitement of myself and everyone around me. Maynard comments were funny, my favorite was when he said something along the lines of "This past year we've been not doing much, just hanging out in Palm Spring, sipping martinis by the pool." Jam before schism was really cool. At this point I think some of these riffs from the jams between songs might end up in new songs when they eventually release new music.
Just to make a few quick comparisons to the last Reno show (just some facts, no opinion about them): was cool that they played Intension and The Pot, both weren't played last time they came though. They didn't play Vicarious this show or last Reno show, so they've never played Vicarious in Reno. Also last time they played Reno they did not do the extended version of Stinkfist, which makes the only two times I've seen them where they haven't done it was the two Reno Shows I been too.
Well I tried to make this short, didn't do too well on that.
Anyway hope you all had as much fun as I did, glad to see Tool is still in top notch.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote