View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/12 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre

I agree 100% about people whining too much..FUCK! Were we at the same show? This was my 4th Tool show and I was thoroughly impressed. Granted this was not the best performance I've seen by them ... but it was easily the best performance I've seen SINCE the last time I saw Tool. I can understand how people would build up huge expectations in their mind, but let it go...nobody is perfect and Tool is closer than any other act I've seen. Enough of the negativity though. This show kicked ass!!! Best moment for me was Maynards scream on Rosetta Stoned. SO GOOD. There didn't seem to be a bad seat in the house, I was front row on the balcony which made for an amazing view of Danny, who I watched for the majority of the time...incredible. I was kind of suprised at how subdued the people around me were, I was flailing my body like a lunatic for a good part of the show, and during lateralus I could feel the power of Tool chanelling through my entire being. Quite an experience. I thought the new material sounded great (Jambi was my favorite) but I agree with whoever said the Aenema songs sounded the tightest...particularly stinkfist. Kind of dissapointed they didn't do the extended version because I love how they play the sample from the intro just before the "I'll Keep..." section. That has always been my favorite part of seeing that song live, but you can't have everything I guess. All in all it was well worth the $85 I spent on the ticket. I'll still in a state of disbelief, and I feel extremely lucky to have the chance to see them in such an intimate venue. Can't wait for the tour in the fall.
OFFLINE |