View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/29 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahque L View Post
I was at the sept Nationwide show too. It was good, but am I the ONLY one that got tons of high pitch feedback from Adam's guitar? I was front row lower level far end sec 113. This may be just my ears as I hear high pitch sounds that many people around me dont hear. Anyone who has taken a hearing test in earphones telling the operator if you heard a noise in the left or right can understand where I am coming from.

As far as best show: Agora, Cleveland, Oct 96 beyond a doubt. Small intimate setting like the Agora and the first tour for Aenema album. I was FURIOUS that I could not get tickets for the small venue tour last spring in either Chi-town or Bean-town either of which my schedule allowed. $500 scalpers be damned!

Anyway, I am considering making the drive to cinci for this show as its closer than youngstown.
I can't tell you what section I was in, only that it was nosebleed center back (and perfect).

Don't know about Agora, but it sounds like it was intense. Nationwide was my first Tool concert, and it was amazing...fucking flabbergasting.

That being said...the Cincy show is going to suffer in comparison. These guys are clearly burning themselves out on the "!0,000 Dates" tour. Maynard spoke all the time during Aenima's tour. Spoke often, but less, on Lateralus' tour. Said a few "Maynardisms" last year at Nationwide. Now what I read is he's silent. Obviously he is tiring of the crowds...Roger Waters did the same thing with Floyd. It's no longer fulfilling to him. And if it's no longer fulfilling with him, it can't be fulfilling with Adam, Danny and Justin. TOO MANY SHOWS. I seriously doubt they will ever do another tour this big. The album and songs are too personal to perform to shitheads every night. Not the people here, of course, but you know who I mean. The real Tool fans are, sadly, a minority of the beer-swilling, shouting, laser-pointing, moshing lizards that attend these concerts. Not to be Captian Buzzkill, but enjoy them while you have them.

...And I fucking will enjoy them. It could end no other way.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote